Sunday, January 10, 2010

What I hope to learn in CS3216? (Official title)

Actually..

I can't really answer that question, I really didn't have a checklist in mind when I signed up for the course. I know there's all kinds of cool APIs like actionscript, flash, wave API etc, business models, negotiation techniques and whatnot, but its never the proper way to learn if all you learn in the end is what you've set out to learn in the first place.

I started off with applied mathematics, but instead I found programming. I can't say that was what I had in mind in the first place, but it most definitely is a much more rewarding experience.

If I have to say something(at the expense of sounding like Watson).
I want to learn something USEFUL.

Now, the real title for this entry should be,
"What I hope to achieve this Semester"

I'm taking CS3216(obv), NM3216(Game Design), NM2101(Theories of New Media) and CS3103(AKA CS2105++). A nice set of modules that I hope can complement each other and at least allow proper entry into the world of Game Development.

I hope to confidently put forth the ideas in my head into programming languages and therefore reality.

I hope I have fun this sem, instead of memorizing calculus and stats formulas or learning OS, I want to enjoy programming, much like the fun I had in CS1101X.

I hope to have fun playing the games I designed.

I hope others have fun playing games I designed.

I hope I take my work seriously enough to NOT leave everything to the last minute(seriously).

And of course I hope to learn something useful.

No comments: