Friday, January 29, 2010

FInally...

The whole of last week was over in a flash. And this is me finally having time to write it after staying awake for 50 odd hours.

First liuliu and yinchao dropped, leaving me and angad on ourselves.

Then AWS lecture, the technical aspects really was interesting, but not exciting.

On the other and, Simone, was a much more inspiring presence by himself, I imagine that he will have to explain all these technicalities to customers who don't really care except for their profits. He probably speaks quite well. I hope he enjoys the perpetual summer here in singapore.

Photo of Tanenbaum was... well.. Lets just say he wrote my OS textbook, and that was a module I did NOT enjoy.

What really was entertaining was how prof ben got a taste of his own medicine with "It depends"

Now.. back on assignment 1. Finally finished after 3 sleepless nights, we had to shave alot of functions because we didnt have the required knowledge and the time to figure everything out. But I was very proud of my final submission, although it was ugly piece of code I've ever written, with almost zero abstraction, copy-pasted code everywhere and we have to scramble through our pages just to find a piece of code to edit.. It was still immensely satisfying to see soemthing of your own creation work.

One thing I will tell you though, is that while the current implementation won't draw alot of users due to buginess and lack of features, the underlying concept is one that I believe in(oh the whole project has gone a longgggg wayyyyyy)..

And lastly, thanks Su Yuen, Jason and Yuen Hoe for being around com1/msn when we needed you guys/gals..

1 comment:

benleong said...

One thing I will tell you though, is that while the current implementation won't draw alot of users due to buginess and lack of features, the underlying concept is one that I believe in

You get a Purple Heart for surviving. :-)

I'm glad you believe in what you're doing. :-P